How Covid-19 is Affecting Makeup Artists and What You Should Do ?
Major cities around the world is facing lockdown and here in Malaysia we are going through a series of #MCO (Movement Control Order) . Weddings , large events and gathering is cancelled. This worldwide pandemic has majority of the population to be required to avoid crowds and #stayathome .
How The Covid-19 Outbreak Affects You As A Makeup Artist ?
As a self-employed makeup artist, there is no such thing as working from home.
Our job as a bridal makeup artist requires us to stand very close proximity to clients for long period of time. Therefore , clients will inevitably choose to cancel events to adhere to safety and health guidelines .
So how do you offset the reality of cancelled engagements and no income?
What should we do in the midst of such uncertainty ?
Firstly ,here are some tips in dealing with cancellation & postponement.
1) List down in a formal document your #Covid-19 Cancellation / Postponement Terms and conditions. The finalized copy will be shared to vendors or clients who request to postpone or cancel their makeup session. Be very clear with your stands and explain to customer if necessary.
2) Doing what is right while protecting your business and brand
* Encourage your client to reschedule to your available date post-lockdown.
* If you are not available for the date they wish to postpone you can consider to
propose another makeup artist from your team
* If clients choose to cancel the session and you are practicing strictly no refund
policy , do consider to allow the deposits they pay transferable to other services in the future.
Remember to be flexible, accommodating and be kind to each of your clients. They’ll remember the way you handled yourself professionally during these uncertain times.
What to do with all this time spent at home?
Here are some suggestions to keep yourself occupied and ensure you go through a purposeful lockdown / MCO as a makeup artist .
1) Utilise this time to create new marketing materials
2) Update your portfolios / website.
3) Blog relevant beauty / makeup topics.
5) Reorganize your home office and business documents
6) Sanitize your makeup kit
7) Put a thought in diversifying your business
We will be launching a series of online makeup classes soon , so watch this space.Should you be a interested with our upcoming online learning experience , do drop us a line .
Stay At Home & Stay Safe !